SEA Spring Labor Forum
March 22-24, 2022
Hilton Head, SC
Register: Registration includes access to the Tuesday evening reception and to the labor forum (lunch included)
Click here to view the detailed agenda.
Tuesday, March 22nd
SEPAC Welcome Cocktail Reception hosted by Brian and Veronica Birkenstock
Time: 5:30 PM
Location: 53 River Club Drive, Hilton Head Island, SC 29926
Wednesday, March 23rd
SEA Spring Labor Forum, 9 AM – 2 PM
- Northern Triangle- By the time of this meeting, we will be able to assess the effect of the reforms made by Northern Triangle governments and U.S. consulates on processing times. With a significant NT allocation expected for the second half release, this information will be invaluable to employers who are considering, often out of necessity, bringing in NT workers.
- DOL Processing Issues- DOL’s inability to process applications in a timely manner, if unresolved, will render the program unworkable. We will present our plan for rectifying this issue before the FY 23 second half filing season.
- Legislative/Cap Relief Strategy Session- We were unsuccessful in obtaining a Returning Worker Exemption in the FY22 omnibus but our efforts to secure an RWE, including our protracted negotiations with the unions, put us in a favorable position to obtain a deal that secure long-term cap relief.
- Administration update- Gary Merson, Director of Mobility Pathways, National Security Council, will provide an update on a potential second half visa release and on the Northern Triangle Initiative.
- PAC- Discussion of PAC strategy for remainder of FY 22 and FY 23. Set PAC budget and determine members of Congress to prioritize/target
- SEA Foundation- Plan presented for SEA 501 (c)(3), mission, vision etc.
Dinner: Sea Pines https://www.seapines.com/
Thursday, March 24th
- Golf outing